View legal notices and bids.
Please call for an appointment with the Town Attorney or Deputy Town Attorney.
For questions concerning Court matters or for questions for the Town Prosecutor, please contact a Court Clerk at 716-649-6116.
The Office of the Town Attorney advises and represents the Town of Hamburg, the Town Board and departments in connection with legal affairs for the town.
Services provided to these officials and boards include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Town Board, elected officials, town departments and employees in connection with the prosecution and/or defense of actions and proceedings brought by or against the town
- Conducting legal research and providing legal opinions on town-related issues
- Drafting legislation, local laws, regulations and policies for the town
- Examining and approving of title to all real property acquired by the town and preparing documents regarding the purchase and sale of town property
- Preparing and/or reviewing agreements, leases, licenses and easements affecting town-owned property
- Preparing and/or reviewing contracts for various vendors, including competitive bidding and professional service contracts
- Investigating all claims against the town and coordination of defense of claims by outside counsel retained through the town's self-insurance program
- Representing the town and town employees in litigation.
- Preparing and/or reviewing of resolutions for Town Board meetings
- Attending Town Board meetings and work sessions and various committee meetings
- Prosecuting local law violations and/or citations, vehicle and traffic and penal law violations
- Legal Assistance
- Pursuant to state law, the town attorney's office is ethically and legally prohibited from dispensing legal advice to private individuals. Residents seeking advice on private issues and conflicts must seek the advice of a private attorney.
Ken FarrellTown Attorney
Legal DepartmentPhysical Address
6100 South Park Avenue
Hamburg, NY 14075
6100 South Park Avenue Hamburg NY 14075
Phone: 716-649-6111, ext. 2370Fax: 716-646-8559
Monday through Friday
Staffed 8 to 11:30 am
Brian AtteaDeputy Town Attorney
Joe MorathDeputy Town Attorney
Timothy GallagherTown Prosecutor
Cindy ConlonSenior Paralegal